How to use csv file as database in sensetalk

Hello,

We have a CSV File,which stores different data used in our application. We are currently implementing Data Driven Framework. Now we are trying to use this CSV File as a DataBase, as we normally do with other Automation Tools like RFT or QTP.

So, my question is how we can use this csv file as database in sensetalk. If anyone share a sample code,then this would really be helpful.

Comments

• EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    This is described in our documentation at Gathering and Using Data and Data-Driven Tests
  • SenseTalkDougSenseTalkDoug ForumAdmin admin
    In V17.2.0 a CSVValue() function was added which can directly convert a CSV file (or any text in CSV format) into a list of property lists. The corresponding CSVFormat() function generates text in CSV format from a list of values. These functions are now the simplest and most direct way to work with CSV files.
  • chrisbryantchrisbryant Member
    With CSVValue() I got a hang of that in File and Folder Interaction.  Any other practical code examples for this function?  I'm looking at a five column data set that includes FNAME, LNAME, EMAIL, UNAME, and PASSWD.  Going to have roughly 50 rows.  The idea is an iterative function that fills in a web form for 50 different users until the last row has been used.  Still getting into the headspace needed for functions like this :-)  Thanks!