Epic, display resolution, and Eggplant Functional

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of deciding upon a "standard" RDP display resolution, to ensure my team captures images, setting coordinates, etc. at the same resolution. I'm leaning towards a "standard" resolution of 1920 x 1080 (this is, in general, the standard resolution at my organization).

Epic's official recommendation is 1600 x 900. I don't intend to opt for this resolution since some of our scripters' devices can't accommodate it (they'd have to scroll around their RDP window to view the entire SUT display). I do wonder if going with this resolution might "future proof" our images, etc. for longer, however. I'd imagine lower resolutions--for example, 1280 x 720, could improve OCR check performance, but I haven't verified this yet. I do know that lower resolutions cause display issues within Epic itself (for example, buttons dropping from the Patient Group activity). 

I feel confident that 1920 x 1080 is a solid option for my organization, but I'm curious if other organizations have any "lessons learned" or strongly advise for (or against) a particular resolution. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Hopefully this thread proves useful to others in the future.

Best regards,
Dan
Tagged: