Running suite in Command line - No Remote Connection error

My remote machine is a PC. If I manually connect to the remote machine through Eggplant (Connection-->Open Connection), it connects successfully.

If I try to run a test suite through command line, I get a 'No Remote Connection' message in the terminal window. The command I use is -
do script "/Applications/Eggplant.app/runscript /Users/admin/Documents/QA/Automation/Smoke.suite

After doing this, I am not even able to connect to the remote machine manually through Eggplant's menu. I get an error message "Unable to find host - Connection timed out".

I was using the command line successfully with previous Eggplant versions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JonathanOSXJonathanOSX admin ForumAdmin admin
    It sounds like you may have disabled the automatically reconnect to SUT at startup, or you shutdown Eggplant without having a SUT connected.

Generally when running from Command Line you will want to explicitly connect from within your Script (or Suite) or else you can explicitly specify a SUT to connect to by using -host -port and -password parameters when starting Eggplant via command line.