Trouble generating TextImage

I am investigating whether I can use Eggplant to automate a new internal application at work & am running into a problem. I can't seem to generate a text image for the menu items. I am not sure if the issue is because I have the wrong font or because the font itself is antialiased or something else.

I have attached a screen cap of one of the menu items below so that you can see what I am talking about. According to the developers the font should be Arial but I am running this on a Win XP machine so it's possible that it's actually Tahoma. I believe that the font color is 204,204,204 but I am not 100% sure.

Has anyone ever run into this before or have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

__Chris

P.S. - I know that I could simply use images but I would like to have the option of using either images or text images depending on the situation.

Comments

• Hi Chris--

By the looks of it the text is white, and smaller than 10 point. I also don't think it's Tahoma, but that's just at first blush. I would recommend decreasing the point size by .25 point. At font sizes smaller than 10 point the TIG tends to generate a bit larger and we've found that instead of 10 point use 9.75 point, etc.

Let us know if this doesn't help.

Allen
  • Zoom in on that image: you have LCD sub-pixel alignment turned on, which you'll see blue and brown instead of just black and white. Turn that off in your Display Settings.
  • Sorry for the lateness of the reply but I got bust at work & then I took Memorial Day week off.

It appears that the font color was the issue. As soon as I changed it to white, as FHQWHGADS suggested it started working. Thanks for the idea.

viztester, I will look into the sub-pixel alignment setting for my monitor.

Thanks all.