Basic questions

Does Eggplant have any support for database operations? An ODBC/JDBC interface or the like. As an example, can I script a click on a UI element and then in the script open up the database and check to see that an underlying record was properly written?

If the answer is no, could I do this by using the URL capabilities with a RESTful service to pull the record from the database?

Does EggPlane allow me to interact with COM objects or to in a general sense allow me to integrate with dyanmic loading technologies on any platform?

Comments

• EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    EggPlant does not currently have any direct database access facilities. It is possible that you could use the ability to write to and read from a URL to access the database, or if the database has a command-line interface, you can use the shell command to interact with it. I have done this using a MySQL database.

EggPlant can interact with anything that has a visible presence in the UI -- it does not generally have any access to anything in memory on the SUT. It is designed to drive the application in the same way that a user would, with approximately the same degree of visibility into the underpinnings as a user would have.