image collection recursivity

I'm currently restructuring a suite's images in order to make them more manageable. The problem I'm having is that the program on my SUT naturally lends itself to a hierarchal structure, but if I start putting folders inside of folders, I lose the ability to use image collections in my scripts because specifying a folder as an image will recursively search all files and subfolders. I only want it to search 1 level deep. This will allow me to maintain a meaningful image directory hierarchy.

So, is there any option to specify image collection searching to not be recursive? For example, if i have a folder structure of A/, A/B, A/B/C and files A/A1.png, A/A2.png, A/B/B1.png, A/B/B2.png...etc

I would then like to script:
Click "A" //Clicks either A1.png or A2.png
Click "A/B" //Clicks either B1.png or B2.png

however, Click "A" in the example will currently search for A1.png, A2.png, B1.png, and B2.png.

Thanks

Comments

• EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    What you are asking for is not currently supported. We'll consider it as a feature request, but I think this is the only request we've had for this behavior and we would have to weigh the potential side effects.
  • JonathanOSXJonathanOSX ForumAdmin admin
    edited January 2011
    That's an interesting suggestion and one we'll think about for the future.

In the meantime I can think of a couple possible approaches that might work for you with the existing eggplant.
    • The first would be to store your base images in a sibling folder, so instead of putting things at the root of /A, make an /A/Base (not to be confused with /A/B or /A/C) Then of course you can call /A/Base when you mean that or /A/B when you mean that.
    • The other suggestion is that you can set an optional collection filter. That filter will limit which images in a collection Eggplant will match with. So for example
      Set the CollectionFilter to (Name: "English")

Will only allow images with English in the name to be found. For more details please see the Eggplant Reference manual.[/list:u]
  • wow! i can't believe i didn't think of the first option--thanks for the suggestion, i think i'll take that route.