eggPlant v11 for Mac available with true OCR functionality
Testplant has delivered the next generation of image-based GUI test tools with eggPlant v11. Integrating a true OCR engine, eggPlant can now read text or find specific text values on the screen, regardless of any font characteristics. This new functionality requires no additional user licenses or helper applications and is being delivered on all 3 of our supported platforms simultaneously. Current license holders are eligible to download this new version at no charge under their term license agreements.
- Added a multi-purpose ReadText() function to read text from any screen using OCR.
- Added the ability to search all scripts within a suite.
- Added the ability to easily repeat a script block for a given length of time, or until a specified time.
- There is now a generic Text Search engine for finding text strings on the screen.
If you have NOT modified your text preferences this is now the default Text Finding Engine.
- Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 (LION)
- Numerous other bug fixes and enhancements.[/list:u]