how to get the data from excel sheet

Hi friends..... i am working in egg plant application in my windows xp PC.... i dont know the script for how to get the data from excel sheet....if anybody know means pls send that script or give me idea.....

Comments

• EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    You can't read directly from the spreadsheet. You will need to export the spreadsheet to a CSV file (or a tab-delimited file) and then you can read the data from that file. There is an example of writing a data-driven test in the Using Eggplant guide, there is a page in the knowledge base (http://www.testplant.com/support/2011/11/data-driven/) that describes it, and there are quite a few posts here on the forums that describe how it is done.
  • Thanks for your reply.
    but now My trail license key is expired....pls help me how can i get new license.
  • Hello,

Please write to the person who originally issued your key, and they can issue you another temporary license.

-Elizabeth
  • hi,
    i got it.i have the excel data as below,

FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
    Raj kumar
    Prem kumar

i want enter the firsname and and last name in appropreate field from the excel sheet.... can u send some example code for how to get excel sheet from folder and how to get and enter the fileds.
  • If you are looking to enter data into an excel sheet on the SUT, you will need to script the actions as a user would perform them.

Your code could look something like this (if you're taking data from a .csv file on your eggPlant machine and entering it in the Excel sheet on the SUT):
    //Script whatever actions necessary to open the excel file
    repeat with MyLine = each line of line 2 to the last of file "file/path/to/mydata.csv" //this skips the first line of the file, since it looks like that is a header row
    	click "FirstnameField" --you may need to insert other actions to get to the correct field
    	Typetext item 1 of it //types the first name
    	click "LastnameField"
    	TypeText item 2 of it //types  the last name
    end repeat