Problem starting eggplant from a ssh connection

Hi all,

I am encountering the following issues, I have a SUT who is running a shell script that calls a client A's eggplant through a ssh connection and fires it off. Client A will run eggplant script on the SUT (which is going back to the SUT itself).

I am getting the following error when I am launching the shell script from SUT thru SSH.

./runscript /root/devtools/xxxxx.suite/Scripts/xxxx.script -host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port 5901 -password password -GlobalResultsFolder /root/devtools/xxxxx.suite/Results

/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Eggplant.app/Eggplant: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason: Unable to connect to X Server `'

However, if I run the same runscript command on Client A directly. I do not have that issue.

Does anyone know what did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    I think the issue is that the session that you connect to via SSH does not have a graphical context at all. Even though you're not running the eggPlant GUI, eggPlant needs a graphics context for the buffer that holds the SUT display internally.
  • jastaojastao Member
    Hey Matt, so what approach or resolution should i be looking into.

Thanks,
  • EggplantMattEggplantMatt ForumAdmin admin
    According to the tree of wisdom, the following steps should resolve this issue:

On the machine that you are SSHing into, you need to execute this command:
    sudo xhost +

This needs to be done only once. Then on the same machine, each time before you launch eggPlant you need to run this command:
    export DISPLAY=:0.0

I hope that works for you.