Updating Values in Excel

nahmad33nahmad33 Member
edited May 2018 in Eggplant Functional
I'm loading an excel doc into eggplant as a database making changes to values in that database but the changes arent taking place in the excel is there another step I'm missing?

Comments

• kenandruskenandrus ForumAdmin, Member admin
    Hello Nahmad,
    The recommended method for requesting assistance with Eggplant scripting is that you send questions like this to [email protected]  Please send your spreadsheet and the code you are using to write to it also, and we will provide suggestions.
    Regards,
    Ken 
    Eggplant Technical Engineer
  • DaveHesterDaveHester Member ✭✭
    This may help...

set global myConnectionString to (type:"excel", file:ResourcePath(datafilename), writable: Yes) -- set the specified variable, myConnectionString, to store the contents of the referenced Excel file

//set global myTestPatients to table "WorksheetName" of global myConnectionString -- declare worksheet using worksheet name

set global CurrentPatient to the record of global myConnectionString where RecNumber is global RecordCountCounter

//set global TestPatient to the record of global myConnectionString where RecNumber is global RecordCountCounter

put "x" into global CurrentPatient.scratch -- in this example "scratch" is a column header in my Excel worksheet