Remote Desktop not receiving "Windows Key" command

I have read through all of the related posts and have found similar situations, but none of the solutions have worked so far, so here's my problem:

I am currently working on a script to automate the process of dialing into our remote servers and change the administrator passwords. We have two connection types, Remote Desktop and Citrix.

The SUT is a 2003 Server and has absolutely no problem receiving the "Windows Key" commands to open the start menu (\w, \W, windowsDown, and windowsUp) on the SUT itself.

If I log into a 2003 server from the SUT using Remote Desktop, the "Windows Key" commands will not open the start menu on the remote machine. After looking on Google, I found an alternate hotkey combo to open the start menu in a Remote Desktop session (ALT+HOME) but this will not work either. If I am on my Windows XP laptop and log into the same server with Remote Desktop, the "Windows Key" on my keyboard opens the start menu on the remote machine with no problem, but no matter what I try, I cannot open the remote start menu with any key combinations from the SUT. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, is there a work around?

Thanks,
Trip

Comments