Vine Server (not responding)

havek33havek33 Member
I had an odd problem every time I would try to user Netinfo Manager the application would hang not responding. So I said what they heck. I rebuild my MacBook Pro INtel Dual Core Running the latest OS X updates. I started to reinstall everything, and everything worked great. I install Vine Server and it caused my Netinfo Manager to hang again!. I stop the Vine Server and all of sudden Netinfo Worked great. Now every time i click on a tab on Vine Server it hangs for like 5 mins.

I now have rebuild my MacBook Pro 3 times. This time I only installed Vine Server and nothing else and same problem. Everything works great till I install Vine Server. Yes all the latest patch on the OS latest Vine server 2.1

MacBook Pro has 1.5 GIG Ram
Video 128 MB
80 Gig HD

Please help

Comments

• JonathanOSXJonathanOSX ForumAdmin admin
    I'm running Netinfo Manager and Vine Viewer concurrently just fine on my Intel iMac with multiple live connections even.

The first thing I would suggest is to make sure your DNS is configured properly -- we have seen some peculiar behavior with bad DNS settings.

Second thing would be to make sure Apple Remote Desktop is disabled in System Preferences->Sharing.

Last thing to suggest is when either application hangs, please launch Activity Monitor. Highlight the application and collect a "Sample" report. Go ahead and send that to us (or post it here).
  • Analysis of sampling pid 421 every 10.000000 milliseconds
    Call graph:
    300 Thread_0f07
    300 0x87f1
    300 0x88ca
    300 NSApplicationMain
    300 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:]
    300 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibFile:externalNameTable:withZone:]
    300 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:]
    300 old_loadNib
    300 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:topLevelObjects:]
    300 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:]
    300 0x96f8
    300 0x8e3b
    300 +[NSHost currentHost]
    300 getnameinfo
    300 _lookup_all
    300 _lookup_all_secure
    300 mach_msg_trap
    300 mach_msg_trap

Total number in stack (recursive counted multiple, when >=5):

Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
    mach_msg_trap 300
    Sample analysis of process 421 written to file /dev/stdout
    Sampling process 421 each 10 msecs 300 times

HA!

You are good man. I had manually put in DNS's I changed it back to automatic and bam works like a charm. I created a location in airport and I was putting my router and my isp DNS. I took out my ISP DNS and left just my router as my DNS and works great thanks!