Unable to Connect

joepjoep Member
I have Vine VNC installed on my mac OS x server. It worked fine for about 3 -4 hours. After that with no configuration changes i can not connect to the mac server. I've tried Real VNC Viewer and Tight VNC viewer and i get security errors when trying to connect.

Comments

• Snap! I'm trying to do this with an internet link to my father's Mac using a host via Dyndns.org. I'm using VNC Thing or Chicken of the VNC and get "Authentication failure" or incorrect password errors. The server does not run under a password.

It is not possible to connect to the Mac either over the web or when accessing the network using wi-fi with these apps. However it is possible to connect using CMD-K (Connect to Server) with wi-fi.

there seems to be some authentication issue but I have tried all the available passwords we can think of. I can't find any preference files that use vine so how is this issue solved?

Any ideas anyone?
  • JonathanOSXJonathanOSX ForumAdmin admin
    In both cases, you should make sure that you aren't running Apple Remote Desktop on port 5900 -- that ALWAYS requires a password (which will be different than whatever you have configured for Vine Server.